Monday was MLK day and both Dave and I had the day off. We needed to do several things around the house so we decided to send Isaac to daycare for a bit and pick him up after his nap to go to the zoo for the afternoon.
He had a great day at daycare, took an awesome nap and was in a GREAT mood for the zoo. We got there and had some snacks (pretzel, lemonade, hot dog and his current favorite - Kettle Corn.) Then we headed to see the monkeys, the petting zoo and the Little People playground. We decided to make only one loop instead of plow through the whole zoo. Isaac rode in his stroller for a bit, happily eating popcorn (three generations of popcorn lovers, woo hoo!) until we took him out at the first exhibit and then he wanted nothing to do with the stroller. It was just a rolling snack tray at that point. We went to the children's walk and got to see some of the animals eat - including a porcupine. It was so cool. The lady feeding them said they put their food into boxes or bags to make them work for the food a bit. So she places these bags in the cage and then all of a sudden out comes this huge porcupine. I think all three of us went "Wow." Then we went to the petting zoo where Isaac pointed at goats and told me to pet them. After that we washed thoroughly and went to the playground where he attacked the slide! After that he wanted to run through the zoo by himself and we completed our loop by going to the squirrel monkey exhibit. I stayed outside with the stroller but I could see Isaac pointing and watching the little monkey's play.
Oh yeah, it was like 75 degrees that day. THAT is why I live in AZ.
3 comments:
Great pic's. I especially like the "from behind, walking hand in hand". That would make a great commercial for someone.
yay zoo - I miss the Phoenix zoo and its cool loops to play on . . . oh well, keep posting pics of all the cool places Isaac gets to go!
What a fun outing! Issac is such a little boy now!
Also, I'm super jealous that you can go to the zoo in short sleeves in January!
Post a Comment